Suspension KnC error

Hi,
I am trying to model a vehicle in ipg carmaker, but i get error while slthe start of the simulation as mentioned. Please guide me to solve this problem.

Hello Samson, would it be possible for you to share your KnC file?

Hi,
These are my values, i choose linear 3 DOF in kinematics. Can you please explain what those tx, ty, tz, rx, ry, rz and delection ispring, iDamp, iBuf, iStabi with those respective static, compr, Oppos, Steer columns.
Thanks in advance

Solution to error: The Deflections due to Compression should be negative.

Basically, this page describes how the wheels and suspension elements behave based on wheel compression and steering wheel position. The first 6 rows (Transalation tx/ty/tz and Rotation rx/ry/rz) are based on the right hand coordinate system (x: direction of driving, y: left of vehicle, z: up), while the last 4 rows are based on the absolute length variation of each element.

If you take a look at one of the example vehicles, Demo_audi_R8, you can see some values to use as a guide. Let’s take a look at some of this values:

Translation ty – Compr. [m/m] : -0.064
Usually very small. It says that if the wheel compression (q0) is moving, for example, +1mm then the wheel should move -0.064 mm inwards (y-direction). Effectively making the track of the vehicle smaller.

Translation tz – Compr. [m/m] : 1
This should always be 1. It saying that if the wheel compression (q0) is moving, for example, +1mm then that the wheel should also move upwards (z-direction) +1mm.

Rotation rx – Compr. [rad/m] : 0.628
Usually small. It says that if the wheel compression (q0) is moving, for example, +1mm then the wheel should rotate +0.000628 rad (x-direction). Effectively having camber gain.

Rotation rz – Static [rad] : -0.003
Usually very small. It says that the static (initial) toe of the wheel is -0.003 rad pointing inwards.

Rotation rz – Steer [rad/m] : 5
Usually large. It says that if the steering rack moves out, for example, +1mm then the wheel will turn 0.005 rad. This is used in combination with the Rack travel calculated in Vehicle Data Set>Steering.

Any – Oppos. [m/m]: Any
Usually zeros, for independent suspensions.

Deflection ISpring – Compr. [m/m] : -1
Usually around 1. It says that if the wheel compression (q0) is moving, for example, +1mm then the spring should compress -1mm (absolute length).

Deflection Any - Static [m] : 0
Usually zeros. The spring length l0 is automatically calculated during initialization.

1 Like

Thanks for help, this means alot for our team.