M410 board in Xpack4 encounters TX buffer overrun issue while sending signals to simulate ECU on slot 3, Channel 0

Dear IPG Engineers,

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Quincey.Wu, a Data Mining Engineer from APTIV China. I am currently working on virtual Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) simulations and have encountered several issues while using Xpack4. I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving these matters.

I will describe the issues in the following sections. Thank you in advance for your help. You can reach me at quincey.wu@aptiv.com.

Testing Objective: The goal is to test the successful retrieval of simulated signals by sending the content of real messages through simulated ECUs using signal mapping.

Background: In ECU simulation on the M410 board, the mapping of signals from Bus03 to real signals has been successfully completed using the DDict method. During this process, the real ECU sends messages normally.

Using the CAN-FD protocol with the settings listed below, I can observe the messages sent by the simulated ECU through the CANoe tool, but they are incomplete, indicating a loss of messages. When checking the lost message signals observed in CANoe through IPG Control, the display appears normal, suggesting that the simulation node is functioning properly.

Configuration Details:

• Protocol: CAN-FD
  • Settings: [Provide relevant settings]

Issues:

1. After configuring the messages and signals in RBS Config within Xpack4, why are the messages, when sent through the physical channel slot, experiencing losses, while successfully reaching IPG Control (interpreted as the upper computer)?

Self-Check:

• CANoe has been tested, and message reading from the simulated object (real ECU) is normal.
  • Physical connections are intact.
  • All signals have been mapped from the real ECU using the DDict method.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or assistance you can provide in resolving these issues. Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards,

Data Mining Engineer APTIV China
[quincey.wu@aptiv.com]
(mailto:quincey.wu@aptiv.com)

I made some attempts and found success:
1, added the Io.o variable in the makefile file in src, mainly putting in the custom DBC and nodes, and then used MYSY for the first compilation;
2, in IO.c inside the introduction of the generated according to the DBC .h file, as well as the board settings;
3, in User.c to introduce data;
Add: need to open the hook function to facilitate the modification of the custom checksum algorithm;

In my opinion, this defeats the purpose of the GUI. In the next step, I have to access the FlexRay signal parsing, and I’m not sure if it will be clogged like the CANFD communication when configuring the GUI, and I’d like to discuss a similar issue with IPG engineers!

Hi Quincey,

Welcome to the forum. I think it might be best to contact your local IPG support team at IPG China in the first instance here. This is quite a specific project related support request which is probably much easier for them to support in person or via a call rather than via the forum. Maybe you could share any findings here though in case they are relevant to others. Please let me know if you don’t have any local support contact at IPG China and I will ask them to reach out to you.

David

Dear David,

I trust this message finds you well. My name is Quincey Wu, and I recently had the pleasure of receiving your assistance as an engineer at IPG. I would like to extend my sincere appreciation for the support you provided during our recent interaction. It was truly invaluable.

I wish to inform you that I have also reached out to IPG’s technical support team in China to further address my concerns. However, while I await their response, I would like to explore the possibility of obtaining supplementary materials, akin to operational manuals, for the IPG software. It appears that the existing help documentation, though comprehensive, may not entirely meet the requirements of my upcoming tasks.

Your insights and guidance have been invaluable thus far, and I believe that having access to more extensive documentation could greatly enhance my proficiency in utilizing the IPG software effectively.

If you could kindly advise me on the availability of such supplementary materials or any alternative resources that may aid in my understanding of the software’s intricacies, I would greatly appreciate it. Your continued support and expertise are instrumental to my success, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you once again for your exceptional assistance, David. Your dedication to ensuring a seamless experience is truly commendable.

Warm regards,

Quincey Wu

I have shared your support request directly with IPG China who I am sure will be in touch with you to discus further.

2 Likes