Inquiry on Integrating a Custom Lateral Controller with CarMaker

I am relatively new to using CarMaker and have recently embarked on exploring ways to replace the existing lateral controller with a custom-made alternative. Specifically, I am interested in developing a lateral controller grounded in Reinforcement Learning or Deep Learning and trained during simulation.

In light of this, I would greatly appreciate your guidance on the most straightforward approach to implement this customization within the CarMaker framework. Are there any specific documents or examples that you could kindly share to facilitate a smoother setup process?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best,
Kholood

The first step would be disabling any steering action the IPG driver takes by setting lateral dynamics to Steer Step of amplitude 0 from the manuever settings. Then, you can implement your own inputs to the steering rack using interfaces CarMaker provides, like C, Simulink or even Python API.

I’m afraid there are no documents or examples specific to Reinforcement Learning or Deep Learning, but you may want to take a look at the Programmer’s Guide for explanation on the interfaces.