How to use the function named Delta2Ev(a , cond1, cond2 ), which write at page 894 in 'UsersGuide'?

How to use the function named Delta2Ev(a , cond1, cond2 ), which write at page 894 in ‘UsersGuide’, use for calculate the braking distance

Good morning,

To use Real-time Expressions in the Minimaneuver command language, the prefix Eval is needed.

1.Create a new quantity (v_start and Brake_Dist), both with a value of 0.

1. In maneuver 1, the following Real-time Expressions can be used
    1: Eval v_start=latch(Car.v, change(DM.Brake))
    2: Eval Brake_Dist=Delta2Ev(Car.Distance, change(DM.Brake), Car.v<=0.01)
    In line 1, the function latch() is used to save the vehicle’s velocity (Car.v) at the time of the brake actuation (change(DM.Brake))in the quantity v_start.
    In line 2, the function Delta2Ev() is used to calculate the distance (Car.Distance) between the brake’s actuation (change(DM.Brake)) and standstill (Car.v<=0.01). The result is saved in the quantity Brake_Dist.
1 Like

AL for last month, thanks for your help, I`ll have a try immediately

Good morning, there is a wrong in running, " Eval Brake_Dist=Delta2Ev(Car.Distance, change(DM.Brake), Car.v<=0.01) (<<)"

Amazing ,unknown var DM.Brake? why have the wrong

DM.Brake is a DVA so it should work.

You are right, I got it, thank you very much, you are handsome.

but I find there is a new mistake about the result of function caculate which show in DVA, in my manuver I begin stop vehicle at Car.s=200m, I made a sheet reference following the pic.
The faster the speed is, the bigger the result mistaker is
how should I do that can let the mistake smaller?