How to avoid vehicle collision

I, during the simulation with traffic, the cars go in collision with the others.
How can I avoid this problem?

Good morning,

I am checking the
Examples/BasicFunctions/Traffic/TrafficJam
The ego vehicle has got the consider traffic option enabled

For any of the traffic objects

We also face the problem posted by original author. In our case, the Traffic Object cars overtake Ego Car by passing (colliding) over it. Ideally the Traffic Object cars should slowdown while following Ego Car, when only one lane is available, rather than passing over the Ego Car.

Good afternoon,
have you checked that the traffic vehicles can detect objects?

Hi Roberto,
We checked the user manual, but could not figure out how to set up movable traffic objects (car) to detect objects in front of it.

I have attached a copy of a sample scenario showing the issue we face. Also attached the Ego Car data and some screenshots. We created the scenario manually in CarMaker GUI and saved it to the attached “SampleScenario” file (inside the ZIP archive attached).

In our scenario, a trailing car (traffic object) has a slightly higher speed than the ego car. Ideally the trailing car (traffic object) should change lanes and overtake if it wants to move forward or it should slow down since the ego car is in front of it. The trailing car doesn’t even detect the ego car and it just passes through it leading to a collision.

Please see if you could point out what changes we need to make in setting for the traffic object (Trailing car) to ensure it does not pass through the Ego car.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! :pray:

SampleScenario.zip (574.8 KB)